HomeBOMEventsTeaching/SpeakingStudio HoursWebsiteEtsy

July 11, 2016

Summer Blog Hop {Day 4}! Are you following along?!!!


Welcome!  I am thrilled to share more with you on {Day 4} of our Summer Blog Hop!  Today was a gorgeous day here in Sister's, Oregon!  We took in the last event of the Sister's Quilt Show and enjoyed an afternoon of relaxing, picking pine cones, going for a famous marionberry malt at the Sno Cap Drive In (it was AMAZING by the way!) and wrapped up the night with supper and a quilt show and tell with friends.  It was perfect! 
I am fascinated with the marionberry! It is so tasty!!!  It is only grown locally here and was developed at the college.  It is a cross between a raspberry & blackberry.  I picked up some marionberry jam to bring home for the family!  I know they will love it!  So if you ever get to Sisters for the Quilt Show... be sure to pick you marionberry malt & jam!!!!   You won't be disappointed! 

Speaking of not being disappointed... how cute was Gail Pan's redwork design?  I hope you printed off your pattern!  Remember, you can always do that project in summer colors too!  You could really put a fun spin on it! 

Up today is Pam Buda from Homespun Quilts!  It is always fun to see her working in wool!  Pam offers some great Americana quilts created with her new Americana line of fabric.  Be sure to scroll down on her blog and see her block of the month quilt!!!  You will love it!  And... why not make this adorable little pillow or pinkeep to go with it!?!  Then, I suggest hosting your stitching group or wool group and making her Ice Cream Jello!  I know my girls would love this and can't wait to make this potluck recipe too, when I get home!  This dessert salad is so pretty and captures the taste of summer!

Please enjoy Pam's summer tidbits below and then head over to her blog and enjoy!

Green Thumb or No?  Well....I can grow things outside of the house, but have no luck growing inside the house. 
Average temperature where you live during the summer? Here in the suburbs of Chicago, we average in the high 80's with some humid and sultry days getting into the 100's.  I'm not a fan of hot, humid days, and look forward to the cooler days of fall.
How do you stay cool during the summer?  I enjoy the cooler mornings outside, but stay indoors otherwise. 
Favorite Summer drink?  Iced Tea (a year round favorite), Frozen peach slushes and strawberry martini's

How did you celebrate the 4th of July?  I stayed home this year, had a BBQ, and enjoyed the mild weather.

What type of s’mores do you like?  Standard or I've only had one once, and I don't care for marshmallows.  Am I the only one who doesn't enjoy Smores?

Do you frequent any farmer’s markets during the week?  We have a fabulous Farmer's Market and try to go every Sunday morning.  More about this in my blog post!

Favorite fruit?  Summer brings all my favorite fruits and I adore dark cherries, and haven't met a berry I didn't love.

Do you do any handwork outside?  Yes!  Outside, inside, in the car, on a plane....I love to stitch wherever I go!

Favorite summer tradition?  Dining outside be it at home or at a restaurant.  We have our favorite places, and just went to one on Saturday with four other couples to enjoy live music, food and fun. 

See you on Tuesday!  Have a great week!!!!


{Day 1}
July 8th * Quilts by Cheri
{Day 2}
July 9th * Calico Moon
{Day 3}
July 10th * Gail Pan Designs
{Day 4}
July 11th * Heartspun Quilts
{Day 5}
July 12th * Crabapple Hill
{Day 6}
July 13th * Notforgotten Farm
{Day 7}
July 14th * Wooden Spool Designs
{Day 8}
July 15th * Plum Cute Designs
{Day 9}
July16th * Lynette Anderson Designs
{Day 10}
July 17th * Kathy Schmitz
{Day 11}
July 18th * The Cottage at Cardiff Farms
{Day 12}
July 19th Leonie Bateman Designs
{Day 13}
July 20th * Ali Strebel Designs
{Day 14}
July 21st * Buttermilk Basin

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Stacy ~ Thank you for another great designer!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, that's a great recipe and a great pin keep, too. I enjoy learning about the designers a little bit.

Claire said...

Looks like a very interesting dessert. It sure is pretty! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

By the way, I have a Marionberry bush in my backyard here in Tennessee. I bought it because I love the berries there in Oregon so much! I've been enjoying all the days of the wonderful blog hop. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...