HomeBOMEventsTeaching/SpeakingStudio HoursWebsiteEtsy

February 18, 2011

This post goes out to all you mom's out there who can relate!  Let me tell you... It doesn't get any better than this does it? :-)

Top 10 Things this MOM had to overcome on Valentine's Week!!!

#10  Trading in a nice romantic Valentine's day for a sick husband, 2 $6.00 heart shaped pizzas, a liter of soda & a smores dessert pizza to celebrate with your daughters instead!

#9.  Sleeping upstairs in your daughter's twin bed because your husband is still sick and you don't want to get sick... because after all... someone has to keep the household running!

#8.  Dropping everything & cancelling plans... because the school nurse calls and tells you your daughter is not feeling well and you should come and get her ~ NOW!

#7.  Buying cool colored Popsicles, orange juice in bulk and listening to your daughter say she hates being sick for three days... (and your heart breaks because you can't make her feel better...)

#6.  Worrying for 6 hours while your other daughter goes on a school ski trip .  Keep in mind, she has never skied before! (Did I mention last year's trip resulted in 6 kids with broken bones?)

#5.  Wondering if germs really ever go away between loads of sanitizing the dishes and washing the clothes.... hmmm?

#4.  Being able to see the light at the end of the tunnel... then your other daughter gets sick and it begins to feel like ground hogs day all over again!

#3.  Having the opportunity to miss a day of work to stay home with your daughter because your husband has the "REAL" job and you are the flexible one!

#2.  Knowing the day is coming to close... you've cooked, cleaned and even managed get some work done and you are about to call it a night and guess what.... your washing machine drain hose flies off and floods your whole backroom all while you are multi tasking and finally posting on your blog about your Junkin trip!  (Did I mention we just got new carpet?)

#1.  Realizing you made it through a typical week... you've cleaned the back room and mopped up the water so you turn the fan on to dry the rest of the carpet... grab a diet soda & a box of Tag-a-longs.... then you set your alarm clock (because you know your daughter will need medicine pretty soon) and pray you aren't next to get sick!

Life is good...Isn't it!??  :-)

7 comments:

Country Prims said...

Oh dear Stacey-quite a challenging week??

Glad you still have your sense of humour:))

We mums don't get those germs til everyone else is better, after all we are the only ones who know how to multitask!Ha!

Heres hoping you miss it this time,

Shazy x

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Been there done that. I just want to know who is suppose to take care of us??? I'm sick right now and everyone just says stay away from me! I don't want to get sick.
Thanks for sharing.
Stay well and Prim Blessings! Robin

Yankee Valley Stitcher said...

Oh can I relate!! We moms don't have time to get sick...the house would fall to pieces if we did!!lol

Beckyjean said...

Stacy~

That sounds about right for the majority of us moms. I have one better~after taking care of my family for a week after they all get sick, I finally get the dreaded flu bug & DH comes home from work, sees me laying on the couch, & asks what's for dinner. Yep~been there, done that!!

Take care~Becky

Miss Stacy said...

Shazy-
I am sooo crossing my fingers it passes me by! I did get the flu shot - so I HOPE I will be good!

Robin-
I would so bring you over soup and chocolate! It is so not fun being sick and no one takes care of us!

Cindy-
They are lucky to have us - aren't they!!!

Becky-
You so top mine... I can't believe he asked what is for supper! I would bring you over soup and chocolate too!!! :-)

Amy said...

Oh Stacey - what a week! I think we've all had weeks like that - sometimes I think it's almost worse to have my hubby sick than the kids - he always acts like he's going to die. Of course, when I get sick, I should still be able to cook and clean and do everything else. Becky - your comment sounds exactly like something that would happen at my house. Thankfully I don't get sick very often!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Stacey I laughed and laughed - I've had so many weeks like that one! Thankfully not so many any more since the children are grown. The preacher talked about a canary this morning (canary named Chippy) who accidentally got vacuumed as his master vacuumed the cage. She grabbed him out of there, stuck him under the faucet to wash off the dirt from the vacuum, and then blow dried him with her hair dryer. I think you had a "Chippy" week! :) blessings, marlene

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...